Whenever software development and the manufacturing industry meet, we can be reminded of the book: Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. The different challenges of software development have already been discussed many times [1-5]. In the following figure we present the essential interactions with Industry 4.0: Customers / users ...
- Customers / users do not know what they want until they see it on a screen
- Customers / users change requirements during the project phase
- Customers / users have needs that they do not even know in early project phases
- Software developers often do not understand the requirements
- Software developers constantly face requirement changes
- Software developers do not understand the industry
- How can the Industry 4.0 concepts be transferred to the respective industry?
- Which technologies bring added value?
- What is the cost-benefit factor?
- What exactly is Industry 4.0?
- How does Industry 4.0 change my daily work, what benefits does it have for me?
- Do I have to worry about my job?
- How do I manage the vertical integration and networking of all production systems?
- How do I consider horizontal integration through value creation?
- Which architecture and models should we use?